Friday, December 2, 2011

Almost 3 years

Yes it has been almost three years since I posted here. What brought me back? A friend's new blog. And the show I saw last night at Greune Hall.

The Mystiqueros played for a small group that grew to a decent sized crowd.

As always Walt and the boys did not disappoint in their performance, with a nice mixture of some of Walt's  songs from his "solo" years, Bill Small's songs, as well as some of their new songs coming out on a new album due this coming spring 2012.

They also had a few guests, Drew Kennedy came up and played a song with them before heading over to Cheatham Street Warehouse to play his own show. What a powerful singer, with the one song I was ready to look for more of his music. http://www.drewkennedymusic.com/free-music/, you can't beat free.

Scott Boddicker had about a five or six song set as well. He sounded pretty good also. His net presence can be found here, http://scottboddicker.com/ . Walt really likes Scott and I can see why. He has a very laid back feel to him but and is pretty good guitar player.

Last was Josh Grider. I really like his music. So much so I bought one of his albums at the show. Million Miles to Go is really good and has a great line up including Poorer Days and Crazy Like You. In fact Crazy Like You was recorded with the Mystiqueros. The entire album was produced by Walt and Tim Lorsch and has a great quality that one has come to expect from albums produced by Walt.

When the Mystiqueros came back up after Scott had played is set they started back with Wrapped. This is such a special song for my wife and I and Walt and the boys didn't disappoint.

All in all it was a great night and I enjoyed spending it with my dad and step-mom.

No comments:

Post a Comment